Thursday, November 25, 2010

Thankful

I feel like a blogging machine. haha Instead of my yearly "Things I'm thankful for" post, I wanted to post some things that I'm thankful I learned this year. There are some awesome things God has taught me this year, it's been fun to reflect on them.

-Being intentional with my relationships with people is WAY more difficult than it sounds, but SO rewarding

-I do not always measure success the same way God does.

-God, my friends and my family are my rock. They will always be there, even when I make horrible choices.

-God always knows the plans. If something doesn't turn out the way you think it should, take it as a hint. Don't keep trying to make it work, 2 or 3 more times.

-Taking care of my health gives me confidence to do things I would have never done before. Remember this post about me being exhausted after a 5k? Last weekend I ran a half marathon!

-In my line of work, it's all about your attitude. There will be challenges every, single year, it's the way you deal with them.(only took me 5 years)

-It's ok to be busy, but clearing your schedule so that you have time for building relationships, is the best way to be busy!

-Online dating really isn't any fun. ha

-Glorifying God with our finances and sticking to a strict budget, makes life a little less fun, but makes life less stressful.

I'm sure there's others, I'll try to update if I remember them. I'm spending Thanksgiving up in Sactown with Christy, this year. I spent many Thanksgivings with her family, in college. I'm looking forward to getting away for a few days. Happy Thanksgiving!!




0 comments: