Yes, it's true...I still have a blog. It has been highly neglected, but it still exists.
I figured Thanksgiving time is as good of a time as any to re-start.
Here's some things I'm thankful for this year:
1) Jesus. Without him, there would be no reason to be thankful.
2) My family. It's been fun getting closer to my sisters this year. I always love coming home. My family is incredibly supportive. I am especially thankful for my mom's help this year.
3) My boyfriend, Steve. He is amazing, and the last few months have been the best. I love his humor, his love for sports(most of the time) and his love for Jesus, among lots of other things. I am incredibly blessed. :)
4) An awesome faith community. I can always count on them to be there for me, and we always have fun together. Church planting isn't always easy, but it has been an awesome adventure, so far.
4) My new job and y 97 6th graders. Yes, this job is a lot of work. Yes, it exhausts me. But those kids keep me going and laughing everyday. They're the greatest! I love middle school. I don't think I can ever go back to elementary. :)
5) My friends. 2011 has not been an easy one, in this area, but I'm thankful for my friends who love me, unconditionally. I am blessed to have a lot of amazing friends. :)
6) Great seasons for the Padres and the Chargers...umm...ok. Not so much this one. :)
Overall, 2011 has been great. I have amazing people in my life, a God that loves me, and I'm healthy (even if my car isn't:)
Steve and I are heading to San Diego for Thanksgiving. I am super excited to spend Thanksgiving at home for the first time in 4 years! I'll miss the Ghiorsos and turkey bowling, though. :