Sunday, November 21, 2010

30 things to do before 30

Next month is my 26th birthday. I'll officially be closer to 30 than 20. haha. I'm not really worried about it! What I am worried about is the stress I have put on myself to accomplish certain things(marriage, mostly) before I reach the age of 30. So, to get myself out of that attitude, I'm making a list of some fun, adventurous and practical things I'd like to do before I'm 30! I'll try to update when one of them is accomplished.
Here they are, in no particular order:

Travel
1) Go on a cruise
2) Spend New Years Eve in NYC (ha, some of you know why this is funny.)
3) Visit Canada
4) Visit Greece
5) Take a road trip that lasts a week or more
6) Teach in Mexico for a summer

Adventure/Fitness
7) Hike Half Dome
8) Hike to the bottom of the Grand Canyon
9) Learn to swing dance/Take some type of partner dance lessons
10) Run a 9 minute mile
11) Get to my goal weight (would be a total of about 100 lbs lost, 50 more to go!)
12) Complete the Warrior Dash
13) White water rafting
14) Complete an Olympic triathlon in 3 hr and 30 min, or less
15) Attend some personal training sessions
16) Go stand up paddle boarding, in the ocean

Other Random things:
17) Get my administrative credential
18) Learn how to play the guitar
19) Learn how to make sushi
20) Pay off all non school debt
21) Win a fantasy football league
22) Watch the Star Wars trilogy
23) Grow out my hair long enough to donate to Locks of Love
24) Go snorkeling
25) Take a class on the Old Testament
26) Listen to a sermon by Francis Chan, in person
27) Rollerblade on West Cliff
28) Sponsor my own Compassion child
29) Go to an A's game(which would complete my CA baseball tour)
30) Find a soccer team to play on

0 comments: