Thursday, December 03, 2009

Home for Thanksgiving

I had a great week visiting family and friends during my Thanksgiving Break! I am so thankful for all of these people. I am so blessed, I can't even describe it. It will be SO weird to not be home for Christmas...


I drove to Pasadena on Saturday, and spent the night with my friend Rachel. It was so fun to catch up. The next morning I headed to San Diego. I had breakfast with Missy, a best friend from high school, and then I did my triathalon training. All of that finished just in time for the BIG Chargers/Broncos game. We killed them, it was awesome. :) Grandma went home crying....


On Monday, I drove up to the OC to see my other family. It was so great to catch up with K and T and to hang out with the boys. It had been way too long. I miss all of them, a lot. We played lots of Settlers, had mini meatloafs and our tradition of sushi lunch! It was a really fun time with some of my favorite people on the planet!

The rest of the week consisted of shopping, relaxing, running and Thanksgiving festivities. I love that we get to have tons of people over to our house. It makes me happy! It was fun to hang out with the grandmas and my cousins, who I never see. It was especially fun to watch the Raiders lose. haha. In the evening, I went to my dad's for a second Thanksgiving. It was great to see them, also.
On Black Friday, grandma and I went out shopping, but not til noon when it wasn't as bad. The rest of the weekend was family time. We all saw The Blind Side(go see it! sooo good.) and on Sunday, I got to go to my first home Chargers game! It was seriously the highlight of the week. The game was not close at all, we won 43-14...but it was SO fun. I also didn't feel like I was going to die, like at the Raiders game. :) One of my closest friends from high school, Kathleen came, and it was so fun to catch up with her! My bro and his gf, Brittany also came. It was an all around great time!
Thanks to everyone who made this week great!!! The next few weeks are sooo busy. My brother comes to visit this weekend, Christmas parties, Disneyland for my birthday, more parties, and then India!! I'll keep you all posted.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

It was really great having you at home even if My Broncos lost Boo Hoo... Oh well the Chargers are great too...... TTYL, Luv ya, G-Ma Really like the pictures.......