Thursday, March 11, 2010

A Heavy Heart

My heart is incredibly heavy as I write today. God is in control, and strengthens our faith as we go through trials. I'm thankful for that, but it doesn't make these 2 things any easier.

  • Yesterday, I received my 2nd pink slip in 2 years. This one was a little more shocking, as I am in my 2nd year of tenure. They have never gone in this deep with pink slips, so it shocked us all. We have 18 teachers on staff, 10 received pink slips...and that doesn't include non classroom staff. We are hopeful that we will get our jobs back, but at this point we just have to wait. Please pray for all educators, as all of CA is going through this. I pray that it will be a priority one day.

  • And more importantly, I received some heartbreaking news from India this morning. In this post, I was blogging from India about a girl named Sanu. Her and I became very close during the 2 weeks I was there. She was very funny and asked me lots of questions about American boys..ha. When I left India, I wasn't sure if she knew Jesus, but Chandon,a christian boy, was in love with her. I don't know all of the details, but at some point in the last few weeks they got married. I was happy to hear about that because of the affect he'll have on her, but I also know that her family is Muslim. She expressed a lot of fear about her father and his threats against Christianity. Apparently the problems with her family got bad enough that she felt like she couldn't handle it anymore. Sometime in the last few days, Sanu drank some type of poison, to try and end her life. She is currently in a hospital in Kolkata. She is non responsive and they know that only a miracle from God can save her. It doesn't look good. Even though I only spent 2 weeks with her, I felt like my heart was ripped in two when I heard. Please be praying for everyone there, they are all heart broken.




" Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds, 3because you know that the testing of your faith develops perseverance. 4Perseverance must finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything." James 1:2-4

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

My prayers are for both of you..... How can they teach school if they have no teachers??????????? I will really pray for your friend so so sad......Love you, G-Ma

Katie Lady said...

I'm so sorry Christal. For both of your heartaches. We serve a big, faithful God and He is in control. Glory to God! (said with hand up raised...)

Is this the problem in every state? Maybe we should look at IDAHO! :)

Anonymous said...

Praying for the teachers and praying for your sweet friend Sanu and her new husband. Love you,
Mom