Friday, July 06, 2007

Decisions

Hi all. I have been a blogging slacker. A few people have complained about me not updating, since I said I would on Monday.

I went to see the doctor on Monday. I had 3 doctors in there at one time. No one understands what is happening. They took some more blood, gave me an even stronger anti inflammatory and prescribed a MRI. I will be getting the MRI this Tuesday, July 10th. They think it may be muscle spasms AND a disk problem. Oh joy. Until then, the physical therapy and resting continues. I am really enjoying PT and look forward to it each week. Being in the pool is much easier on my body, and it seems to be helping a little bit. My physical therapists are awesome people who always make me laugh.

Also, for those who don't know, I have made the decision to stay home instead of make the trip to Kenya. It was one of the hardest decisions I've ever made, but it was the right one. I made it based on how my body was feeling, the opinions of the doctors and some close friends, as well as my feelings about it after praying about it for weeks. All in all, I am really, really disappointed that I am missing out,but I think it was the best choice for my health. Please continue to pray for the Kenya team. They leave July 9th.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh no!! wow i hope your back starts healing soon. that's such a bummer to miss Kenya. but God must have a pretty good reason for it. *big hug* and i miss you. if it weren't for playing in church this weekend i think i'd drive up there.

Unknown said...

Miss you too! I think you should drive up soon anyways. :)